Saturday, December 5, 2009

Why I love my wife

Call me romantic, but I really want to write about why I love my wife. Not because I am in the "dog house" or other marriage jokes I hear a lot whenever I buy flowers for my wife just because I love her. Honestly, both of us don't see or joke that way and its not because we have been married for 3 and a half years since some don't see that as very long. If we are ever irritated with one another it does not last very long because we keep the communication lines open and are honest and upfront with one another. We follow the biblical guideline for marriage. We honor it and we stick to it as it is God's plan.

With that being said...

When I met her it was not love at first site as some claim, but it did happen rather quickly. She was and still is truly unique, loving, and has the most genuine character making her great with children and others. She has what some would call "southern hospitality" that is almost forgotten nowadays, but what I call a heart for God, loving Him and people as He commands of us.

She is sensitive while having a child-like innocence, but possesses strength when it comes down to the things that matter. She is firm in her faith and in maintaining her witness for Jesus Christ. She is modest, while being fashionable without conforming to societies standard of what is "in" and what is not.

Within our first week of getting to know each other we wanted to run off and get married. Thankfully, the Lord gave us the gift of reason, haha. I was a man with a plan to run off and try to make it getting in a band as I was a guitar player and songwriter who threw the idea of college way out the window during high school. Thankfully His is plan is ALWAYS better than ours! I was not a Christian, but presumed to be one because my faith was in things I did rather than in Christ, my high morals, and my love for appearing to be a good person. It fooled a lot of people, including myself until the law of God convicted my heart and showed me how wretched I really was. Do you think you are good enough to go to heaven as I did? Check this link out if so - www.thegoodpersontest.com

I am thankful He didn't strike me down and give me what I deserved, hell and that He saved a lost soul like me almost a year now. By His grace He allowed me to have her to be my wife and partner in life.

Besides my wife being breathtakingly beautiful, it was not that which I was attracted to as I said before. I really didn't date too much because it was more drama than I wanted and it was really hard to find a girl with good morals! Her character is really what stuck out more than anything to me in all honesty.

I love my wife because of who she is, who she knows she is not, and who she wants to be. She is genuine, lovingly, and strives to be obedient to the word of God, which is a quality more important than anything else on this earth. She is a faithful,loving, supporting and awesome partner to have in Christ and marriage. And on top of all that we have a child together. How beautiful is that? My wife will always be the #1 woman to me is because she loves me, God gave her to me, we had a child together, and we are one in marriage. She's 2 years older than me and I tease her about that all the time, but she really will still be the prettiest woman if we make it to old age.

I will end with verses from Ephesians discussing marriage:

Ephesians 5:22
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Ephesians 5:28
In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church—

Ephesians 5:31
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”



Anyways, thank you for reading about why I love my wife.

Now go tell your husband or wife how much you love them!


May God bless you and yours!

In Christ,

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment